Monday, September 16, 2013

Russian Speakers



So... This week we were out tracting and we were down by Lake Sammamish.  We were knocking and knocking on doors. I kept thinking about this other neighborhood that was on the other side of our area! i kept putting it off, then said "Fine". we'll go there. So we did and the 3rd house we knocked on this woman named Evelyn opened the door and she took the Book of Mormon and wants to read it.  And called us her angels when we asked if we could pray with her. because her family was just leaving to go back to Venezuela. We're excited to go see her again and start teaching her and her family!!!!

Then a few days later, we were tracting. (what a surprise haha) and we couldn't find this one house's front door. And suddenly this little Asian boy and his friend come running down with the Dad running after them. And so, after he finished talking with his kid we talked with him. His name is Wes and they just moved here and are trying to find a Christan church. so we gave him a Book of Mormon and he's going to read it. And I can't wait to teach him and his family as well. So that's exciting.

Other then that, nothing terribly exciting. other then trying to learn Russian.  It's a slow process but I'll keep working at it.

Another thing that happened was Wendy (a less active) we went to her place and we were talking and such. Because she's working for Microsoft but she's been on medical leave for the last year.  And she was telling me about her friend who works for Lucasarts.  I highly encouraged that she should work there :)

My new companion, Sister Eaton, is from Rexburg, Idaho.  She is an awesome missionary.  Her parents are the Mission Presidents for the Federal Way Mission [That mission just split off from the Seattle Mission in July]. So she's asking her parents to watch out for Nathan when he enters the mission. She's just Russian speaking. so now I get to help teach Russian people. I'm slowly learning the language. I have the alphabet down :D haha Yes, there are a fair amount of Russians. We actually just got a referal for a Russian so we get to go to the Federal Way boundaries to meet with him.

President Mackay is our Stake President. I'm doing good. Just pray that I can pick up Russian because I want to at least be able to understand it by the end of this transfer.  We've already talked to 3 Russian people this week!! So I need to keep practicing and studying so I know whats going on!!

The rainy season is just beginning here! People say there's never lightning and thunder...but we had a TON yesterday!!!

--
May the Spirit be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment