Monday, January 6, 2014

The Lord is in charge.

I'm doing alright. The ward here is really helping out, but I know this is where I need to be and that there are people here I need to find.

So this week has been an interesting week. We found a new investigator named Dani. We were about to put her on date but then a meat delivery man interrupted.

Then for New Years I bought a lot of confetti and a confetti cannon. I was so excited for it! But then it didn't work, so I was thoroughly disappointed. :(

Then we also had a New Year conference that morning. We went to the Sansings to follow up with a commitment and we were talking about something and their daughter Katie suddenly said "Like Sociopaths!!" and she compared missionaries to sociopaths because she never knows what they are thinking, XP

So the day after I found out about mom, we went and saw Sister Mcfadden and she had remembered a comment I had made about a poem quote thing I really like and she found it and printed it off for me and it's called Footprints.

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; one belonged to him,and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he questioned the LORD about it. "LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't Understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied,"My precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you during your times of trial and suffering When you see only one set of footprints it was then that I carried you."

And I Love that. And I know right know that the LORD is Carrying me and my family. I know that the Plan of Salvation is true and that she is in a better place doing a great work.

--
сестра стаффр (That's my name in Russian! :D)
May the Spirit be with you

1 comment:

  1. I know Michaelanne doesn't read comments on this, but we are praying daily for her and the whole family. It is so good to hear that she is doing okay. I am not surprised because you Randall, as well as the rest of the family is rock solid. You and leanne have done such a good job! We will be sure to send her letters. I know that letters to Eric during his difficult times on his mission were priceless.

    ReplyDelete