Monday, May 5, 2014

The Novel

So, this week was good. We met, well actually, it's more she introduced herself to us. So last Sunday this lady name Mai Beswick came up to us and said "I'm not a member and I want to meet with missionaries." We were like, "Okay, great!" So we met with her and it turns out that she was baptized when she was 8.  She removed her records when she was in her 30's, and now she wants to come
back. She wants to get baptized. And that's not all. She technically lives in Olympia (which isn't even in our mission), but she works in Shoreline taking care of an elderly couple 5 days out of the week (so she's not even in our area) but our church is the closest to her so it takes less time away from her job when she comes to ours. So, in other words, we have permission to teach her, but she also wants to get baptized on June 5th in Arizona because her sister is getting married there so her whole family will already be in Arizona. XP It's an interesting situation, but she's great and is so full of faith.

The other day while we were out tracting, there was a house that had the 10 commandments on the stones that Moses brought down from the mountain. I stared at them. and I said "Sister Madsen...I have to poke the commandments." So I did. I poked the commandments.

We also met with Grace this week. It went really well, she opened up about how she misses North Korea and her family and friends that she left behind. Last transfer I had shown her a family picture. So, to compare her situation to help understand I understand what she's going through I told her about mom's death and how I miss her and how I won't be able to see her again right now. But because of the Plan of Salvation and this Gospel, I'll be able to see her again and live with her and my family for eternity. And I told her that I knew she would see her friends and family again even if it wasn't in this life but she will in the next. It was really cool.

We met a former investigator named Devan. Sister Lee had said we wouldn't get along, so I was a little nervous to go meet her but it turns out she really likes Doctor Who. so we were able to connect there and she wants us to come back. So I'm hoping we can help her understand the Gospel.

We had dinner with a recent convert and her family. She's the only member in her family right now. We were talking with her daughters and we snuck the Gospel into our conversation and it went well. At least we felt like it went well. About an hour later we got a text from her thanking us for our message. Cuz her daughters have never had so much fun while talking about the Gospel. I think we're making some progress with them.

We had Zone Conference as well. It was AMAZING!! I love Zone Conference. There's always so much to learn. but the main thing that stuck out to me was extraordinary faith. So I studied more about faith and realized how easy it was to get extraordinary faith. Because all we have to do is keep our covenants that we have made and our faith will continue to increase. I thought that was cool.

We had a lesson with Calvince and Carolyne (yes we learned it's not Calvin. but Calvince). They made us goat meat. It was really good. We had to eat with our hands and everything like we were in Kenya! It was so awesome and delicious!! :D om nom. And the lesson went well. We taught the 1st half of the Plan of Salvation. but then Calvince interrupted cuz he wanted to talk about baptism.

They want to be baptized, but won't set a date because they really want to know how to be 'Mormon'. Like how they're supposed to be after there baptized. So were going to teach them the commandments and hopefully that will help them.

Then last but not least, we had dinner last night with a family whose son has autism and he started throwing a fit. And I couldn't help but smile. How I miss working with kids who have special needs.

--
сестра стаффр (That's my name in Russian! :D)
May the Spirit be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment